Introducing our toolbar redesign
Refreshed, relaxed and ready for the new school year? Kami certainly is!
Our engineering team has been hard at work all summer creating a fresh toolbar design to make navigation easier than ever. As always, our reshuffle has been based on direct feedback from all our users – thank you, by the way, it’s always great to hear from you!
What has changed?
Don’t worry, not too much, and it’s all for the better!
Mainly we have rejigged our tools so that they fall into four logical sections. From top to bottom we now have:
- Reading and manipulation tools (e.g the select tool, select annotations, and text to speech)
- Markup tools (e.g text box, comment)
- Creativity tools (e.g drawing, shapes and eraser)
- Features for inserting media (e.g insert image, insert signature)
Some other things to look out for are:
- Our helpful Hand tool has made an appearance on our toolbar, rather than being hidden under the menu.
- We have promoted the dictionary to a main tool rather than a sub tool.
- The Highlight, Strikethrough, and Underline tools have been moved under a new section called “markup”.
How can you access the new toolbar?
It’s very easy to check out our new toolbar. Simply:
- Head to settings (by clicking on your account name at the very top right corner),
- Scroll all the way to the “Beta Features” section right at the bottom,
- Find the line that says “New Toolbar” and select “On”.
- Refresh your page.
If you need to go back to the old toolbar you can turn it back off there, but please let us know why through our support as eventually we will fully migrate to the new layout.
Need help with the new update? Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.