It has been a busy month here at Kami! It seemed only yesterday when we announced what’s to come this back to school and we’re thrilled to have been able to release these new changes in time for the new school year.
Now, with assessments and school holidays upon us, our developers have been working on a whole host of improvements and bug fixes to make your Kami experience even better. Below are some of the product updates that we’ve released this month.
Kami and Microsoft integration
Our developers have made great progress in our integration with Microsoft’s login system as well as OneDrive. Here are other exciting beta releases that happened this month:
- Microsoft Edge extension compatibility.
- Microsoft integration for Kami and Schoology users.
- Microsoft integration users now have access to Kami’s Split and Merge tool.
Next up is our Microsoft and Canvas integration which is due to be released this December!
If you’re interested to test and share feedback about our Microsoft integration, you can request to be included in our beta testing program by filling out the form here.
Introducing the Add Media tool
Formerly the Insert Image tool, we’re thrilled to release a more accessible way to insert images and videos into your Kami document. The Add Media tool allows you to insert images from your computer, Google Drive or Google Image Search, while videos can be uploaded from your computer, Google Drive, YouTube search.
Improvements and bug fixes
- Improvements to prevent Kami Student accounts from having access to create a Kami Assignment in Canvas or Schoology.
- Improvements to provide a “Grade with Kami” checkbox in the Schoology Gradebook.
- Improvement to provide clearer instructions regarding Google Drive “File Not Found” errors – we now provide easier steps to access the file, detect whether the file has truly been deleted from Google Drive, or determine whether you need to ask for permission to access the file.
- Improvements to the appearance of the “Open with Kami” button for Schoology users.
- Fixed bugs to any lost annotations encountered following a Schoology website update.
- Fixed bugs to improve reliability when exporting/saving changes from text boxes.
- Improvements with in-app messaging to indicate how many changes were saved in Offline Mode and if annotations were successfully saved locally.