Today we’re announcing a big new update to Kami, with a whole lot of new features and fixes. We recently travelled coast-to-coast visiting Kami schools to get feedback and learn from our users, and this is the first in a series of updates we are working on based on the great ideas we heard!
Rename Files Within Kami
The days of going back to Google Drive to rename files are over! You can now rename your files right at the top of the Kami window (it’ll rename the file on Google Drive also). The file name and folder will also be displayed up there, so you always know which file you are annotating. You can even click on the folder name to move your file to a different folder.
Add Images by Dragging
New images can now be added to your document simply by dragging them in from your file browser.
New Open Screen
We have rethought the open screen you see when you start using Kami as well, focusing on the features people use most. It’s now easier to open files from Google Drive and access recently used files.
We’ve also made a bunch of smaller improvements in this release:
- You can now click links which are pasted into comments
- You can now click the Kami Logo to return to the open screen once a document is open
- Improved undo for drawings
- Improved compatibility for touch screens on Google Chrome 56.
- Improved visuals when pinch-zooming documents with comments attached
- We’ve made it easier to enter in license codes in settings
- Fixed a case where empty annotations could disappear
- Update: New ‘Open With Kami’ Button and Improved Kami Chrome Extension - April 3, 2018
- Kami New Years Update – Rename files, drag images, and more! - January 16, 2017
- Kami Launches Automatic Google Drive Saving - September 4, 2015