Faster than a paper plane fashioned at the back of a classroom, we have sailed past our seven million milestone and all in time for back to school! More teachers and students are enjoying the transition to collaborative digital classroom learning, one Kami document annotation at a time.
We value celebrating our wins at any level: each and every user that signs up to the Kami app to view, edit and collaborate on digital documents is a success worth recognizing, proving that an individual’s actions can add up to something wonderful.
With our award-winning app, educators and learners are no longer bogged down by costly and time-consuming paper documentation, achieving more than ever before.
30,000 schools worldwide now use Kami, trusting us with more than 122 million documents, and making more than one billion annotations since we started Kami in 2012. Our mission to help students learn and grow through Kami’s intuitive tools has seen classrooms embrace a paperless future and reclaim as much as 90 minutes a day.
To all the teachers, students, and individuals who have backed Kami’s vision of the future classroom, we want to say thank you. Without your support and input over the past five years, we wouldn’t have been able to provide a universally accessible app shaping the next generation’s bright minds.
Kami – delivering the future K12 classroom today.
- Full-stack engineers, please email email@example.com with your CV and cover letter
- Over 30,000 American K-12 schools use Kami in their school
- Over 7 million signed up Kami users
- Over 1 billion annotations created on Kami
- Over 122 million documents loaded on Kami
- Kami Team are based across Auckland (Headquarters), San Francisco, New York, Orlando, and the Philippines
- We are a Google Apps Premier Partner and Schoology Technology Partner
- Founded in 2013 by Hengjie Wang (CEO), Alliv Samson (COO), Jordan Thoms (CTO), and Bob Drummond (Founding Chairman and CRO)
- In 2015, we rebranded to Kami—formerly known as Notable PDF
- Kami means ‘paper’ in Japanese
Links to Kami
- Kami Homepage and web app www.kamiapp.com
- Kami – Top Rated Apps on G Suite Apps Marketplace
- Kami – Most Popular Apps on G Suite Apps
- Kami – Highest Rated PDF and Document App on Google Chrome Web Store
Awards and Recognition
- American Chamber of Commerce (AmCham) New Zealand-DHL Express Success and Innovation Awards 2019 – Exporter of the Year ($1-10M) Finalist
- Air New Zealand Cargo ExportNZ Awards 2019 – Best Emerging Business (Services Exporter) Winner
- New Zealander of the Year Awards 2018 – Young New Zealander of the Year Semi-Finalist (Alliv Samson, Co-founder COO)
- Women of Influence Awards 2018 – Business Enterprise Finalist (Alliv Samson, Co-founder COO)
- New Zealand Innovation Awards 2017 – Innovation in Education, Training & Development Finalist and Emerging New Zealand Innovation Finalist
- American Chamber of Commerce (AmCham) New Zealand-DHL Express Success and Innovation Awards Exporter of the Year 2017 ($1M) Winner
- New Zealand Innovation Awards 2015 – Innovation in Information Communication Technology and Cloud Solutions Winner
Watch our latest case study video with Google for Education:
- Media and interview inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support and product assistance, contact email@example.com
- Pricing and sales inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kami starts the new school year with over 12 million users - August 25, 2020
- Kami grew user sign-ups by 1000% in April, propelling to over 10 Million users - May 14, 2020
- A 7 Million Wonder - September 5, 2019